Cognitive Skills Test
Test your candidate’s reasoning, grammar and math skills with this comprehensive aptitude battery.
Purpose/About the test: The Cognitive Skills Test screens for problem-solving, basic math and writing skills and is appropriate to use for a wide variety of job titles and work settings.
This test should be used when employees need to effectively problem-solve, multi-task and handle complex information; provide error-free written communications, such as business emails, letters, memos, or web content; and perform math calculations like inventory tracking, simple spreadsheets, billing tasks or sales transactions.
Recommended for: We recommend using this test for office administration and office managers, customer service and sales support, field technicians and representatives, and a variety of entry level professional to supervisory positions.
Higher scorers: People scoring in the higher ranges on the three sections of this test should perform the cognitive (problem-solving, math and writing) aspects of their job more quickly with a minimum of mistakes and without the need for constant supervision.
Low scorers: People scoring low on the sections of this test may have trouble learning and problem-solving, or may lack the ability to effectively execute basic math or writing/proofreading tasks. Low scorers will likely make more mistakes than high scorers or need regular assistance and closer supervision.
Time Limits: 6 minute math test; the cognitive aptitude and grammar & spelling tests are untimed
What the Report Gives You: A graphical display of scores and an explanation of results.
Testing Process: Online personality testing can be done from any device with a reliable internet connection. The use of mobile phones is discouraged. Test results are provided immediately.
Download our Aptitude Test CatalogView our other online pre-employment aptitude tests and find the right fit for you.
|Sample Questions for General Cognitive Aptitude Test|
Sample verbal reasoning item: House is to dwelling as car is to ____________.
Sample numerical reasoning item: Which number comes next in this series? 3 6 9 19 22 25
Sample abstract reasoning item: Which figure would come next in the series?
|Sample Question for Grammar & Spelling Test|
___________ is usually ___________ of snow in ___________.
|Sample Questions for Numerical Computation Test|
87 - 25 =
1/9 of 45 =
20% of $130 =
(Sample questions differ from actual test appearance and do not contain real test content.)
Select Validity Information:
- RA’s Cognitive Aptitude Test (general mental ability) was found to be significantly related to: general professional jobs (r=.28**); managers (r=.42**) and sales positions (r=.38**), among others. The test correlates highly with the Wonderlic Personnel Test (r=.74**) and with the Otis Lennon Intelligence Test (r=.70**).
- The Numerical Computation Test was significantly related to: composite job performance ratings (r=.30**); productivity (r=.22*); new learning (r=.28*); quality (r=.37**); and with overall job performance ratings (r=.29**).
- The Grammar and Spelling is scored as a percent correct.
Can We Help You Faster?
You may be able to get the information you need right on our website. Find your question below and click to see answers in our FAQs.
- Do you have a demo test?
- Can I try a sample test?
- How many different types of tests do you offer?
- How valid are personality scales?
- Can I get a customized test for my business?
- Can I get a bulk purchase discount?