Engineering / Technical Math Aptitude Test
This aptitude test of engineering knowledge is useful for new hires up to senior management. Test before hiring.
Purpose: The Engineering / Technical Math test provides insight about whether someone has knowledge of engineering math skills in manufacturing and design settings. It serves as an assessment tool for engineers or highly trained technical staff. It is focused on reasoning as well as basic math and engineering subjects. Approximately 70% of the knowledge required for the test could be classified as “general engineering job knowledge” and the remaining 30% would focus more to the formal engineering education (learned most likely in a classroom setting).
About this Test: The Engineering / Technical Math test has 1 part and consists of multiple choice questions, some of which relate to a technical drawing that is provided. Although the test is untimed, a candidate should not have to spend more than 30 minutes completing these items. Candidates will need extra paper and pencil for working out problems by hand, as well as access to a calculator.
When To Use It: Given that grade inflation is so common in our educational institutions, and people are prone to inflating their actual job experience, a test like this can provide useful insights about how prepared the candidate is to functioning at a high level in your manufacturing setting.
Target Group: This test is suitable for a wide range of engineering-related and technical positions.
High Scorers: People scoring high on this test should be able to handle a wide range of engineering-related duties without a great deal of mentoring or input from supervisors. They are less likely to make serious mistakes. And, when dealing with complex problems, they are more likely to figure out a solution quickly.
Low Scorers: People scoring low on this test will probably need a great deal of mentoring and practical help from their managers and other seasoned professionals. When confronting sticky, complex problems, they are easily confused or stumped about what to do. Low scorers are also more likely to make serious errors in judgment which could lead to costly outcomes.
Scoring: We can present the results in terms of “percent correct” as well as an interpretation of whether that score is High, Above Average, Below Average, or Low.
Download our Aptitude Test CatalogView our other online pre-employment aptitude tests and find the right fit for you.
|Sample Questions for Engineering / Technical Math Test|
Which situation could flow more water?
(A) Single 6” pipe (B) Group of nine 1” pipes (C) Both would flow the same (D) Neither of the above
What tension “X” must be applied to keep the 75 lbs. black weight from moving in the system shown below?
(A) 25 lbs (B) 50 lbs (C) 75 lbs (D) 100 lbs (E) 150 lbs
(Sample questions differ from actual test appearance and do not contain real test content.)
Validity Information: Click here to view our aptitude catalog for specific test statistics.
Can We Help You Faster?
You may be able to get the information you need right on our website. Find your question below and click to see answers in our FAQs.
- Do you have a demo test?
- Can I try a sample test?
- How many different types of tests do you offer?
- How valid are personality scales?
- Can I get a customized test for my business?
- Can I get a bulk purchase discount?